Stand Against Rising Tyranny and Martial Law in the Philippines
We, the undersigned organizations, institutions, churches, human rights defenders, and peace advocates in Hong Kong, express our opposition to the rising tyranny and threats of nationwide martial rule by the administration of Philippine President Rodrigo Roa Duterte.
我們一眾聯署的香港組織、機構、教會、維權人士及和平倡議者，堅決反對菲律賓總統杜特爾特（Rodrigo Roa Duterte）的暴政和實施全國戒嚴的威脅。
We say NO to ‘Duter-tyranny’ and we join our voice with the people in the Philippines resisting the widespread violations of human rights, disregard for due process, disabling of opposition, and the flirtation of Duterte with Martial Law and military rule in the country.
Duterte’s path to tyranny is shown by:
1. The unabated killings with impunity in the country perpetrated by the police and the armed forces of the government and explicitly or implicitly sanctioned by the President. Politically-motivated killings continue most especially in rural areas victimising peasants and indigenous peoples. Under the hysteria of the “War on Drugs” 13,000 have been killed including minors and children of overseas Filipino workers whose only crime was to be in the wrong place at the wrong time
2. The declaration of Martial Law in the whole of Mindanao and its perpetration despite evidence disproving early reports of presence of terror groups outside of Marawi City. Martial law in the Mindanao island open the floodgates for more human rights violations in the island including Lumad communities and schools that Duterte has threatened to bomb.
3. Attacks to the members of the judicial branch of the government and the immobilization of the Commission on Human Rights through its defunding by Duterte allies in the Congress. Duterte has also increased the presence of the military in the civilian government, and has allowed fascists and militarists to take over the steering wheel of his government
4. Closing the way for a just and lasting peace through negotiations with the National Democratic Front of the Philippines (NDFP) and the declaration of all-out war with the communists.
拒絕與菲律賓國家民主前線（National Democratic Front of the Philippines，NDFP）對話，並宣佈與共產黨人全面開戰，破壞締造持續而公義的和平的可能。
5. Enabling the return of the Marcoses and allowing the burial of the late dictator Ferdinand Marcos in Libingan ng Mga Bayani. Duterte has also declared openness to striking a deal with the Marcoses, by having them return part of the stolen public funds in exchange for immunity. Aside from Marcoses, other plunderers of the past regimes are also enjoying the patronage of the Duterte government.
允許前獨裁者馬可斯（Ferdinand Marcos）在英雄墓園（Libingan ng Mga Bayani）下葬，並容許馬可斯家人回國。杜特爾特亦已公開表示可與馬可斯一家磋商，以司法豁免換取他們歸還馬可斯在位時偷取的部分公共財富。除馬可斯一家以外，杜特爾特政府還保護了其他前政權執政時殘民自肥的上位者。
We did our part in resisting the tyranny of Marcos, we shall do our part in resisting the rising tyranny of Duterte.
We are united in condemning the senseless deaths due to the mindless war on drugs. We are united in safeguarding the gains of the Filipino people in the long struggle against the former dictatorship of Marcos. We are united in stemming the new tide of tyrannical rule that grips the country.
Stop the Killings in the Philippines Now!
No to Dictatorship! No to Martial Law!
21 September 2017
Hong Kong SAR